If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (704) 393-7890

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Disaster

10/17/2019 (Permalink)

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning:
Carbon Monoxide exposure is common after a disaster. Fact sheets review basic prevention tips and answers frequently asked questions.

Prevention Guidelines You Can Prevent Carbon Monoxide Exposure ? Do have your heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil, or coal burning appliances serviced by a qualified technician every year. ? Do install a battery-operated CO detector in your home and check or replace the battery when you change the time on your clocks each spring and fall. If the detector sounds leave your home immediately and call 911. ? Do seek prompt medical attention if you suspect CO poisoning and are feeling dizzy, light-headed, or nauseous. ? Don't use a generator, charcoal grill, camp stove, or other gasoline or charcoal-burning device inside your home, basement, or garage or near a window. ? Don't run a car or truck inside a garage attached to your house, even if you leave the door open. ? Don’t burn anything in a stove or fireplace that isn’t vented. ? Don’t heat your house with a gas oven.

Other News

View Recent Posts